In preparing for a talk next week in Redmond, WA on Microsoft's campus, I reflected on an opening statement. Usually, I leave my best and most important tips for last so the audience can 1) remember the last thing I said, and 2) decide to take action on it, or 3) at a minimum, reflect on what was just shared. This time, however, I decided that I would put the most important information up front and that includes my 5 Life Hacks. They are:
1. Be Yourself: everyone else in taken.
2. Practice Gratitude: it changes your brain and the world.
3. Use Your Privilege for Good: recognize your privileges and help others who are not as privileged as you.
4. Be Aware of Your Biases and Where They Came From: work towards an inclusive world.
5. Exercise: it strengthens your brain and body.